Make a Difference in our Residents' Lives!
We are seeking a Cook that has a passion for providing the highest quality of care with compassion and integrity!
We live our Core Values of Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, and Teamwork & Stewardship every day with every life we touch, providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.
If these are your values as well, APPLY NOW!
Cook is responsible for each resident receiving a nutritious and appetizing meal as ordered by the physician. The food must be prepared according to recipes, be served in the proper amounts and at proper temperatures. Cook is responsible for efficient food production and quality control, under supervision of the Food Service Director.
1. Prepares meals and serves, using portion control directives.
2. Make sure all foods are pulled and thawed in proper time and stored properly.
3. Check menus and make sure any pre-preparation in completed.
4. Check daily menus and review daily production sheet with Food Service Supervisor.
5. Safely operate equipment, making sure it is properly cleaned and sanitized after each use. Report equipment problems as per facility policy.
6. Take temperatures of foods for each meal and document.
7. Check daily temperatures of cooler/freezer and document.
8. Record meal substitutions, if applicable.
9. Maintain cleaning schedule to verify proper cleaning is completed on a daily basis and document.
10. Label and date foods and rotate properly.
11. Maintain effective communication with residents, families and facility staff.
12. All foods are properly garnished for each meal.
13. Check foods in for accuracy and proper storage.
14. Straighten coolers, freezer, maintain perpetual inventory.
15. Assist with monthly inventories.
16. Participate in departmental quality assurance program.
17. Meet with Food Service Director on a daily basis.