Make a Difference in our Residents' Lives!
Diversicare is seeking an Activities Director/Coordinator in Long-Term Care who loves the elderly and wants to ensure they are being cared for with compassion and integrity!
We live our Core Values of Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork & Stewardship every day with every life we touch, providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.
If these are your values as well, APPLY NOW!
Contact Ginger Shaffer, Talent Acquisition Manager
Responsible for coordinating, directing and planning the recreation programs to meet the specific needs of each and all residents. Ensures residents’ lives are maintained to the extent possible by providing activities and contacts with the community. Obtains transportation for the residents to various life enrichment programs.
* Develop and coordinate activity program.
* Plan and implement an activity calendar monthly.
* Provide one to one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
* Participate in review of individual Residents' Care Plans and document activity progress quarterly or when a significant change occurs.
* Coordinate quarterly special events at the residence, which includes the residents, families and friends.
* Be familiar with the Adult Care Home Residents' Bill of Rights and assist residents with exercising these rights.
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Long term experience preferred.
3. Social Services Director/Activities Director certification
4. An interest in people; the ability to instruct residents and to communicate with them.
5. Ability to direct and perform a variety of activities and to respond to varied needs of the residents.
6. Imagination and creativity preferred.