MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As Diversicare team member, you will play an instrumental role in the care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate team members to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare’s Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
Provide hands-on assistance, guidance and consultation for all aspects of the physical facility operation for each of the assigned centers/regions as outlined in the Maintenance Policy and Procedure Manual.
1. Perform all outlined responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor. See Maintenance Supervisor Job Duties and Responsibilities ( Policy # DMM 202)
2. Assist, provide on-going training and consulting with Center Maintenance Supervisors and their assistants as needed on all duties and requirements of the maintenance department.
3. Effectively utilize and train users in the use of TELS, the computerized maintenance management system for:
a. Completion of assigned task and accurate reporting
b. Downloading of reports (fire drills, fire safety inspections, generator reports, etc.)
c. Work order usage
4. Consult with contractors on scope of work and pricing in proposals for work.
5. Manage contractors, inspect contracted work and give guidance on discrepancies.
6. Conduct annual center audits to include Life Safety, equipment condition, building appearance, deferred maintenance, safety concerns, capital needs and maintenance staff assessments.
7. Assist with inspections conducted by various governmental agencies including life safety.
8. Respond as needed and/or requested to facility emergencies or urgent tasks.
9. Provide prompt response to calls and electronic communication as needed to assist centers or BSC staff.
10. Make repairs and conduct the duties of Maintenance Supervisor in any assigned center.
11. Function as the subject matter expert for the regional team on Life Safety.
12. Participate in Regional meetings, activities and training as requested.
13. Assist and/or lead in conducting periodic regional calls.
14. Consult with colleagues on all physical facility related issues.
15. Interpret operating policies and procedures and adhere to such standards
16. Learn to interpret building plans and specifications and/or blue prints or other technical data including but not limited to property condition reports, ALTA surveys, Phase I and II analysis, etc.
17. To possess critical thinking skills to solve complex problem solving tasks as an individual and team member.
18. Flexibility to travel extensively within assigned regions, if necessary.
19. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be involved in the position. This description is subject to evolve in accordance with business strategic priorities.
20. Must adhere to the Company’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
1. Experienced troubleshooting and repair of HVAC equipment.
2. EPA certification preferred.
3. Commercial Electrical experience preferred.
4. Troubleshooting and repair of equipment is required.
5. Prior healthcare maintenance experience preferred.
6. Excellent communication skills.
7. Computer skills necessary.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.