MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is toimprove every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As Diversicare team member, you will play an instrumental role in the care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate team members to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare’s Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
1. Oversight of all aspects of the Activity Program
2. Coordinate Pre-Admission Assessment/Screens
3. Care planning: including identifying behavior triggers, appropriate response and intervention, individual preferences, etc.
4. Milieu: create and maintain a comfortable and homelike environment
5. Staff and Activity Scheduling
6. Oversight of resident eligibility to the program, maintain appropriate residents on the unit.
7. Maintaining all safety requirements for the program and the unit
8. Orientation & Training of all employees to work on “the Memory Care” Unit
9. Coordinate Discharge process
10. Lead CQI processes on the unit
11. Utilize the EMR System and monitor for compliance
12. Maintain resident charts per policy and procedure
13. Serve as the primary liaison to the community, families and area hospitals
14. Be responsible for ongoing training/learning in the dementia field
15. Train staff in learning efforts to keep all staff training current
16. Maintain effective communication with Dietary Dept. to enhance nutrition program for residents
17. Maintain effective communication with therapy services to enhance quality of care and quality of life issues
18. Coordinate monthly family support meetings
19. Serve as the example for positive relationship in “the Memory Care unit”
20. Meet and exceed all regulatory requirements as established in this state.
Plans, develops, directs and coordinates the activities of the Memory Care and is vital in the operation and management of the unique circumstances found on the Memory Care unit.
1. Preferred licensure in nursing or social services discipline (LVN, LPN, RN or BSW)
2. Have excellent communication skills in order to serve as a vital link between the nursing staff, various departments, residents, and visitors.
3. Prefer experience working with residents with dementia diagnosis and understanding of disease process, stages of dementia and programming needs of dementia population.
4. Ability to direct and perform a variety of activities and to respond to varied needs of the residents.
5. Imagination and creativity preferred.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.