MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
To learn more, please contact:
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As Diversicare team member, you will play an instrumental role in the care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate team members to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare’s Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
The Director of Rehabilitation leads the rehab staff through provision of direction and training support. Acts as a department head and member of facility management team. Coordinates all rehab activities and communications. Serves as a teacher/trainer for caregiver staff regarding rehab issues. Assists in clinical program development. Compiles all rehab reports and statistics. Assures that all rehab billing is accurate and completed in a timely manner. Assures denial management process and chart audits are in place. Supervises all registered therapists, assistants, and aides in the rehab department. Serves as a treating therapist to provide screens, assessment and treatment of residents.
1. Manages all rehab staff through direct reporting responsibility in one or more facilities.
2. Meets all responsibilities appropriate to the discipline, in which he/she is a licensed therapist, see therapist job descriptions.
3. Assures appropriate rehab staffing and coverage in conjunction with the facility Administrator and rehab Recruiter.
4. Performs administrative duties such as: assigning and overseeing patient/resident care activities, medical record oversight, assuring execution of physician orders, ordering supplies, etc.
5. Works with the rehab team to assure that services are coordinated to maximize efficiency in delivery of care to all residents.
6. Serves as a case manager to assure that the rehab team meets all rehab targets and MDS responsibilities.
7. Directs the team meeting and decision-making process as defined by the program.
8. Consults with and trains therapists, patients/residents and caregivers.
9. Compiles weekly revenue statistics and rehab reports as needed.
10. Assures that all rehab billing is complete and submitted in a timely fashion.
11. Performs quality assurance monitors to assure that compliance with the company’s clinical documentation standards.
12. Demonstrates consistent knowledge and application of Medicare and other reimbursement regulations.
13. Consults with VP, Rehab Services to assure that all rehab standards are met at the facility level.
14. Communicates effectively with patients, team members, customers and supervisor.
15. Promotes positive customer relations.
16. Provides appropriate consultation to the facility.
17. Participates in the training and orientation of other staff.
18. Participates in clinical program development and implementation.
19. Participates in the interviewing process for new staff.
20. Participates in census building and marketing activities.
21. Demonstrates ability for continuous new learning to remain current in the field.
22. May perform additional duties as requested by the administrator.
23. Participates in facility quality improvement activities.
24. Responsible for service and operational excellence of all assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services and/or outcomes required to meet or exceed the expectations of those utilizing or impacted by the department.
1. Bachelors or Masters Degree in a therapy discipline, preferably Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech Language Pathology.
2. A minimum of two years clinical experience in a long-term care setting required.
3. A minimum of one year of supervisory experience preferred.
4. Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrates ability to utilize independent and effective clinical judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
6. Ability to function effectively in multi-faceted systems and to interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
7. Must have high proficiency in math skills.
8. Demonstrates strong organizational and analytical skills and time management skills.
9. Must have the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
10. Ability to drive and have a current state driver’s license.
11. Must have a thorough understanding of the implications of PPS and CPT code billing systems for rehab delivery.
TAGS: Speech Therapist / Speech Language Pathologist / Occupational Therapist / OT / PT / Physical Therapist
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.