MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As Diversicare team member, you will play an instrumental role in the care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate team members to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare’s Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
• Coordinate, report, and post schedules of hourly team members
• Notify appropriate personnel of call-ins and assists with securing coverage
• Maintain accurate attendance records and notifies management of attendance-related issues
• Accurately enter and maintain data relative to scheduling using company software programs/OnShift
• Obtain daily team members staffing requests and fill them efficiently
• Uphold accurate system for tracking staffing over a variety of shifts
• Coordinate team members to meet the organization’s requirements
• Monitor overtime accumulation and attendance of team members
• Work with the payroll manager to verify payroll accuracy
• Process team members vacation requests
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
• One year of experience in long-term care is preferred
• Staffing experience and understanding of long term/hospital setting operations
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact with all staff members in a professional manner
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Positive, warm, and customer-service-oriented attitude
• Reflect a professional impression through appearance and behavior
• Exemplify teamwork and respectful relationships
• Proficient in use of computer
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.