MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and residents at 62 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in nine states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their needs.
• Assumes responsibility of center in absence of Administrator.
• Implements policies/procedures with follow-up and supervision of staff to ensure compliance; works closely with Medical Director, Health Department, C.D.C., etc. to ensure current standard practices are in place; recommends to regional office changes in policies/ procedures as needed.
• Assists in preparing budget for the department; administers approved budget.
• Recruits, selects, coaches, disciplines and terminates employees of the Nursing Department; ensures Nursing Department employees are scheduled; develops efficient work functions; conducts performance evaluations timely for nursing professionals.
• Analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services rendered to improve quality of resident care and plan better utilization of staff time and activities.
• Ensures positive outcomes are accomplished for residents; responsible to develop systems and work schedules that respect resident’s lifestyle and ensure the resident reaches the highest attainable level of functioning; makes rounds at least daily; follows up daily on each shift to ensure changes in status are reported and recorded.
• Current R.N. License by State Board of Nursing required with demonstrated managerial and administrative ability.
• Prefer experience in the long-term care profession or working with geriatric population.
• Must have at least two years supervisory experience.
• Skills in organizing and planning programs and assigning personnel to provide nursing service for residents.
• Ability to evaluate reports, programs, and other data against both judgmental and verifiable criteria.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.