Ignite your passion at Diversicare!
At Diversicare, our team has a passion for life and a heart for service. We strive to create a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
We are currently seeking a Nursing Home Administrator to join our team. We invite you to APPLY NOW!
Ignite your passion at Diversicare!
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and residents at 62 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in nine states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their needs.
It is Diversicare’s Mission to “Improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.”
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12 Service Standards.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare Difference.
Consistent with Diversicare’s Mission and Core Values, the Nursing Home Administrator is responsible for ensuring delivery of the highest quality of care to our patients and residents. Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Operations and in collaboration with senior, support center, and regional leaders, the Administrator will lead the strategic initiatives for patient and resident services, lead community outreach and develop key industry relationships, initiate & implement innovative facility-wide planning to attain 5 Star rating status, and lead resource management for all aspects of services.
1. Organizes the functions of the facility through appropriate departmentalization and delegation.
2. Implements the control and effective utilization of the physical and financial resources of the facility.
3. Development and implementation of policies/procedures to ensure a safe, efficient, high quality service is provided; liaison with Regional Office, to ensure accurate reporting takes place and company standards are met.
4. Reviews and acts upon the reports of authorized inspecting agencies.
5. Employs a system of responsible accounting, including budget and internal controls.
6. Provides an effective public relations program.
7. Pursues a continuing program of formal and informal education in health care, administrative and management areas.
8. Recruits, selects and retains department managers; educates and develops those managers so goals of each department are accomplished.
9. Motivates and empowers employees to perform at their highest level; uses participative style of management allowing employees to share in policy development.
10. Ensures a work environment that encourages safety, longevity, growth and personal satisfaction for all staff.
11. Ensures a Continuous Quality Improvement Program is in place and appropriate follow-up occurs.
12. Conducts performance appraisals for all department managers and ensures goals are developed, documented and reviewed for the facility and each department.
13. Develops mission statements, philosophies, goals and objectives for the facility; manages Key Staff to accomplish it.
14. Ensures effective communication among supervisors, residents, families and health care professionals.
15. May be required to drive for company business with either company vehicle personal vehicle.
1. Graduation from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, with a license to practice Health Care Administration or as a Nursing Home Administrator.
2. Experience in long term care preferred.
3. Good communication skills, numerical ability and clerical ability are necessary.
4. Must have good organizational, planning and controlling skills and the ability to relate to people; must be flexible.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.