MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is toimprove every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As Diversicare team member, you will play an instrumental role in the care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate team members to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare’s Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
1. Receives assignments from supervisor to provide non-direct care for residents; May not perform direct patient care.
2. Checks residents in section regularly; answers call lights promptly; follows through with resident problems or needs by performing tasks within own scope of responsibilities and by alerting nursing personnel of needs for direct care (i.e. toileting, bathing, feeding transferring, ambulation, dressing, etc.)
3. Respects residents privacy by knocking and waiting for acknowledgment before entering residents rooms; treats residents with dignity and addresses residents appropriately when speaking with them; promptly alerts nursing personnel when residents require direct care.
4. Reports residents incidents immediately to licensed staff for prompt attention and completes appropriate documentation for incident reporting per facility policy.
5. Observes safety needs of residents; identifies safety hazards and reports to appropriate personnel after insuring that resident is out of immediate danger.
6. Transports residents to and from dining room, activities, etc. May not assist in lifting or transferring resident; must alert nursing personnel of any resident requiring lifting or transferring.
7. Prepares resident for meals; transports dependent residents and escorts independent residents to dining room when necessary; assists with transport of food cart to and from dietary department; checks tray with diet care before serving to resident; sets tray up for residents; serves and collects food trays. May not feed residents requiring physical assistance.
8. Delivers between meal nourishment and fresh drinking water to residents; encourages/assists residents in eating/drinking; may not feed residents requiring physical assistance. Reports/records percent of nourishment consumed and amount of fluid intake.
9. Delivers ice water to water pitchers maintained at bedside for each resident (unless directed otherwise by the licensed staff for individual residents on fluid restriction). Delivers water pitchers to dietary for sanitizing two times a week as assigned.
10. Straightens dresser tops, wardrobes, and stands in resident room; labels, separates, and cares for personal care items; cares for residents’ flowers and plants in assigned sections.
11. Maintains cleanliness of residents units, supply rooms, and workrooms; cleans bed pans and urinal; washes basins, clean floors if resident is incontinent, wipes up spilled food and liquids.
12. Changes, disinfects, and makes unoccupied beds, collects and bags soiled linen and placed soiled clothing in appropriate receptacle; stores clean linen; places personal laundry in designated place according to facility policy; maintains orderliness of clean linen cart.
13. Cleans and disinfects soiled wheelchairs, gerichairs and walkers.
14. Follows established infection precautions, adhere to universal Blood and body fluid precaution. Uses proper hand washing techniques per facility policy.
15. Attend and participate in scheduled in-service program and staff meetings.
16. Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
17. Thinks and acts calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences of the job without being thrown off stride.
18. Performs other work assignments as may be required and as assigned by supervisor.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.