Discover What’s Possible!
At Diversicare, we understand the contributions of every team member are the parts that make up the whole. We appreciate them for the work they do each day to showcase their talents and gifts.
Are you a CNA that is ready to take your talents on the road? We are hiring a Regional CNA for our centers in the region.
As a Travel CNA you will provide workforce support to assigned centers within the region. At the assigned center, you will assist the professional nursing personnel by delivering direct hands-on nursing care to residents on a daily basis.
Full Time Benefits include:
Discover What’s Possible at Diversicare! APPLY NOW!
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and residents at 61 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in eight states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their needs.
It is Diversicare’s Mission to “Improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.”
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12 Service Standards.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare Difference.
1. To perform or assist the resident with completing Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).
2. Responds to resident call lights to provide maximum comfort, safety and privacy.
3. Transports residents by ambulation or by wheelchair to areas of facility (dining room, lobby and activities).
4. Reports any significant findings/observations to nurse immediately.
5. Assists residents on admissions, transfer and discharge to make a smooth transition.
6. Responsible for the safekeeping of residents’ personal possessions.
7. Keep resident rooms neat and safe.
8. Follow proper infection control techniques.
9. Respects the rights of each resident, particularly privacy and confidentiality.
10. Re-teaches resident to perform ADLs skills.
11. Provides restorative care to prevent pressure sores, contractures, and complications.
12. Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement and ensures follow-up occurs.
13. Converses with resident and family; assists them on adjustment to center; handles complaints effectively and develops relationships necessary for resident’s psychosocial needs to be met.
14. Ensures adequate hydration and nutrition of resident; reports deviations from norm to the Charge Nurse promptly.
15. Performs blood pressure, pulse, respirations, intake/output and weights accurately; records it.
16. Participates in care-planning conferences; follows through with nursing component.
17. Follows safe working practices and reports any incidents promptly to Charge Nurse.
18. Maintains effective communication with residents, families and center staff.
19. Other duties as assigned by Charge Nurse.
20. One on one or small-group activities for cognitively impaired, behavioral and/or isolated patients. Group activities for residents that are high risk for falls or elopement risks.
21. Monitor 10 am and 2pm snacks and pm hydration cart.
22. Manage and oversee walk to dine program.
23. Monitor compliance with thickened liquids.
24. Assist residents with meals at lunch and dinner.
25. Documentation of room visits.
26. Assist residents participating in activity programs.
27. Must be available to work overtime as needed, up to and including double shifts.
28. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or the Director of Nursing Services.
29. Must be able to travel to any center within the company.
1. Certified in the state as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
2. Experience preferred.
3. Verbal ability is required to communicate with residents and to understand instructions received from nursing staff.
4. A preference for performing direct care services is a benefit.
5. Able to perform a variety of activities characterized by change and short duration in caring for residents.
6. Ability to read and write and accurately report.
7. Valid driver’s license and current auto insurance required.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.