$5,000 Sign On Bonus if hired through December 2021!
Smile, You’ve Found Us!
Assistant DNS - RN
Are you passionate about caregiving? Would you like to work with the best team in the world? If so, apply with us today.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence, which we extend to all those we are privileged to serve.
If you wish to make a difference in the lives of our patients and residents, APPLY NOW!
Full Time Benefits include:
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and residents at 62 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in nine states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their needs.
It is Diversicare’s Mission to “Improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.”
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12 Service Standards.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare Difference.
1. Implements policies/procedures with follow-up and supervision of staff to ensure compliance; works closely with Medical Director, Health Department, C.D.C., etc. to ensure current standard practices are in place.
2. Assists in preparing budget for the department; administers approved budget.
3. Recruits, interviews, selects, coaches, disciplines and terminates employees of the Nursing Department; ensures Nursing Department employees are scheduled; develops efficient work functions; conducts performance evaluations timely for nursing professionals.
4. Directs and delegates management of professional and ancillary nursing personnel.
5. Coordinates activities of various nursing units/wings promoting and maintaining harmonious relationships among nursing personnel and with, residents, facility staff and the public; screens clients prior to admission to ensure facility can provide services.
6. Analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services rendered to improve quality of resident care and plan better utilization of staff time and activities.
7. Implements systems and work schedules that respect resident’s lifestyle and ensure the resident reaches the highest attainable level of functioning.
8. Ensures new employees are effectively oriented; ensures an ongoing educational program is in place.
9. Motivates and manages employees to accomplish department goals.
10. Ensures medical record documentation and that the care planning process is interdisciplinary, consistent, timely and reflective of resident needs and in compliance with regulations at all times.
11. Ensures safe working practices are developed and adhered to, and that employees are knowledgeable in the use of equipment.
12. Deals with families and residents when issues arise; handles complaints and provides education regarding care, as needed.
13. Ensures proper infection control techniques are utilized.
14. Maintains effective communication with residents and families, facility staff and health care professionals.
15. Reviews all care related consultant reports and ensure follow-up on recommendations.
16. May be required to drive for company business with company or personal vehicle.
17. May be required to fulfill the job functions of a direct care nurse as determined by the needs of the patients/residents and center.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Current RN license by State Board of Nursing required with demonstrated managerial and administrative ability.
2. Prefer experience in the long-term care profession or working with geriatric population.
3. Must have at least three years nursing experience and one year of supervisory experience.
4. Skills in organizing and planning and assigning personnel to provide nursing service for residents.
5. Ability to evaluate reports, programs, and other data with both judgmental and verifiable criteria.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.