Discover What’s Possible!
At Diversicare, we understand the contributions of every team member are the parts that make up the whole. We appreciate them for the work they do each day to showcase their talents and gifts.
Are you a LPN that is ready to take your talents on the road? We are hiring a Regional LPN for the centers in the region.
As a Regional LPN you will provide workforce support to assigned centers within the region. At the assigned center, you will render skilled technical nursing services to residents within an assigned unit in support of medical care staff RN staff and will supervise CNAs to ensure a high quality of care is provided to all residents.
Full Time Benefits include:
Discover What’s Possible at Diversicare! APPLY NOW!
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and residents at 61 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in eight states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their needs.
It is Diversicare’s Mission to “Improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.”
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12 Service Standards.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare Difference.
1. Responsible for daily nursing operations of a specific unit/wing.
2. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the residents; checks each resident daily to determine status; ensures residents reach highest attainable level of functioning.
3. Prepares equipment and assists physicians during their rounds.
4. Administers prescribed medications, orally or by injection; provides treatments using therapeutic equipment; ensures proper handling and storage of medications and controlled substances.
5. Observes residents’ reactions to medication and treatment.
6. Observes, records, and reports changes in residents’ condition to supervisor and attending physician.
7. Maintains residents’ medical record by way of documentation, as required by policy.
8. Assists in planning, supervising and instructing CNA’s; assigns daily work assignments to ensure positive outcomes for residents.
9. Implements and maintains policies are utilized.
10. Ensures that safe work practices are utilized.
11. Ensure proper infection control techniques are utilized.
12. Assists in the Continuous Quality Improvement Program and ensures follow-up occurs.
13. Reports accurately to oncoming shift Charge LPN’s regarding change in resident status and follow-up needs.
14. Provides input for CNA performance evaluations.
15. Coaches, counsels and disciplines CNA’s as needed; ensures personnel policies are followed.
16. Recommends staffing, equipment and supply needs to DNS.
17. Responsible for capturing charges for supplies issued to residents on that unit.
18. Participates in care planning process and ensures the nursing component is implemented.
19. Ensures the rights of residents are respected; coordinates with other departments and ensures residents are taken to activities, etc.
20. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or the Director of Nursing Services.
21. Must be able to travel to any center within the region/company.
22. Must be available to work overtime up to double shifts.
1. Has a current, unrestricted license by the State Board of Nursing, as an LPN/LVN.
2. Must have the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
3. Ability to perform a variety of duties characterized by frequent change, as work schedule will change on a daily basis.
4. Able to work intimately with residents, physicians and staff.
5. Capable of working to prescribe nursing standards.
6. Good interpersonal and communication skills; has an interest to perform a service.
7. Valid driver’s license and current auto insurance required.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.